The Best Source For Senior Living Community News
Senior Living Community News
What do you do if a prospect's family informs you that the family home must be sold in order for mom and dad to move into your community?
This is a crucial question, as it can make all the difference in forging stronger connections or losing them altogether.
It is possible to lose it by handing the potential resident over to a realty agent. Why? Doing so will cause you to lose touch with the prospect at an important point in your relationship. Seniors and their families are seeking immediate solutions to selling their homes, not long-term.
This gives you the chance to strengthen your relationship.
It starts with asking questions like "How can this be done together?" "What is needed and how can we help?"
To remove any roadblocks that may prevent the move-in, partners families. They want to enjoy the community. You need residents! It is not a good idea to hand over the family of a prospect to a realtor. It will actually add months to the move in, if it is not completely halting it.
Seniors looking to sell their home need solutions that don't add stress.
You can choose to let your potential resident go through the stressful and time-consuming process that is involved in selling a family home. It's exactly what Mom's House does. Our experts will buy the family home for a fair and solid price. Your family can now avoid the hassles of having to clean up decades of wear and tear, updating the decor, or spending thousands on a 1970s kitchen remodel.
Help your prospect resist the temptation to call a realtor.
These are five questions that we found to be helpful in steering families away from negative reactions to agents and toward a win-win solution.
- Do you plan to make any repairs or upgrades to your home? It opens up the conversation for them and encourages them to think.
- Are you thinking about doing a cost/value assessment to determine the cost of cleaning, repairs and upgrades versus the added value? You can introduce them to costversusvalue.com. This website allows them to input different fixes and upgrades, and calculates the return.
- Do you think of hiring a real estate agent to help you sell your home? It's a great way to get to know their commissions and how they want to make the sale more profitable.
- Is it better for your mom/dad's/health to not put your home on the market? It is important to help the prospect understand the stress and disruption that comes with selling a house.
- It would be great if you could transition faster. Another opportunity to benefit from the community's benefits!
It's now time to offer a solution. This is not a hand-off.
Partnering with Selling Your Mom's Home will ensure a smooth transition from resident to prospect. It's a win-win situation. You get the benefits of your new resident, plus you have added income for months and the satisfaction of making a difference in the industry.